I recently started having a problem with my HTC Thunderbold 4G cell phone (ADR6400L).Since I had a purchased the Radio Shack Protection plan with my phone, I contacted them about my phone.

They of course said I would have to ship it in to have it tested and there was a $100 deductible. After some discussion, they stated that it really wasn't a deductible, but a deposit in case the phone was damaged by someone rather than defective. They also told me to back up my phone and remove the battery, sim card and memory card before shipping it. I agreed, gave them my credit card (which they immediately charged $100) and shipped them my phone overnight.

I received a replacement a few days later. No mention of what was wrong with my phone or of the so called deductible. It was a Galaxy S III and is totally incompatible with any of the equipment I bought for my Thunderbolt (from Radio Shack at the same time I purchased the phone) and won't even accept the Verizon SIM chip from it. Did I mention that the protection plan expires the day after I received the replacement phone.

Now I have to wait for them to contact Verizon, who will then contact me (in another 48 hours or so), to try to get a replacement SIM chip so that the phone will possibly work. I will then be able to tell if the replacement phone even works. Unfortunately for me, that is all that is required of them according to the fine print in the contract.

Pissed?That is putting it mildly!

Had an Experience with Radio Shack?

Comments

Dublin, California, United States #788640

SAME HERE.THE MAIN THINGS IS....

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY THIS. I HAVE WASTED SO MUCH TIME AND MONEY.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.NEVER

Cote813

when you signed up for the service agreement the 100$ deductable should have been mentioned in case something had occurred with your thunderbolt. It is a deductable to yes insure that no water damage or blatent damage was caused. Its also an insurance like if you were to ship something valuable to someone via post office, that way if something other than original complaint occurs it can be properly exercised.

IF you don't mind me asking what was going on with the phone that you had to ship it out?

As far as receiving a s3. You received a newer phone as a replacement. That's actually awesome. And you don't have to wait for verizon to send a chip you can go to a radio shack or any verizon dealer and activate that phone under your current account. IT also takes about a week to ten days before the techs can establish what damage was done to phone before issuing any gift card, etc.

As far as accessories for the thunderbolt to s3, the only thing that would be an issue is the case.

This is kind of a bogus complaint.

:cry :cry