Radio Shack Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store phone customer customer service service manager money item people business
Filter review

RadioShack screwed me outta my phone

I called them to reserve my iPhone 5 for sprint and the manager took down tha wrong callback number so 4 days go by and I get no call so I decide to call them to see what's going on. These bastards tell me they ended up calling the wrong number and i can no longer preorder my phone. They are a *** joke If she had any common sense should could of at least tried to help sense it's basically her fault for taking down the wrong number in the first place smh. I will never purchase anything from them again I promise !!!!!!

You sound like a real *** I'm sure you won't be missed.

Elk Grove, California

A

Very bad experience at radio shack Stoughton MA Joe D should not be a store manager.No help with any easy return, and the girlfriend in the store did not help. If there is a district Manager for this store you may want to think a about this guy running your store. I was able to go to your East Walpole store and had no problems quick return no hassle. I should of thought to leave when the girlfriend of the manager was having a confrontation with another unsatisfied customer and again manager was very rude. The right thing was for the store manager to have the girlfriend and help with a customer that had spent over 600 dollars. Ugh Would never go back to this store even if he merchandise was free.

A real store manager would not have his girlfriend in the store in the first place. Another example of Radioshacks poor management.

Dennis, Massachusetts

Radio Shack Worst Customer Service Treament EVER

Below is the letter I sent to Radio Shack Customer Care: Good day- I just left the Store location at 1127 W. Pleasant Valley Rd, Parma Oh 44134 where I received the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE TREATMENT in my entire adult life. I enter the store at approximately 1 PM EST on 9/15/2012. There was only the one person working and he was helping another customer but quickly asked me if I needed assistance. I said yes and asked if you carried an XLR to USB microphone cord. He proceeded to tell me that the only thing available was an adaptor for headphones then left me to look on my which was fine. I located the Exact item I wanted the RadioShack® XLR to Mini USB Microphone Adapter - Model: 33-331 | Catalog #: 33-331 which comes in a small clam shell clear plastic sort of box where the back pops on and off very easily. I took the item to the register and said this is what I was looking for and I took the back off to ensure it was the proper hook up and that's where the Radio Shack Clerk rolled his eyes and said in a sarcastic tone like speak to a child in a frustrated manner. I told its fine I'm purchasing it and wanted to make sure it's what I wanted. ** He said and I quote " I don't care what you do with once your out the door but don't open the product inside. Mind you I did this at the register in front of this ***. He proceeded to spout Radio Shack policy in which I replied I have an MBA and I had a friend that managed at Radio Shack for a few years after college I understand but I am buying it and I'll be on my way. He then replied "NO, you're not buying this here because I don't like your attitude." I never gave this person and type of harsh language of any sort nor did I raise my voice at any time! As I walked out of the store I told the heavy set blondish clerk that I would be logging a complaint which he replied - Go ahead, I can explain how bad your attitude was to corporate. It will be easy to find out who he is as he was the only one working in the store at the time. I did not get this *** clerks name but I want him reprimanded and a written apology! I have 20 years of Customer Service/Inside Sales experience, and an MBA. I thoroughly understand policy and have extensive experience in handling difficult to charming customers. ** This atrocious Radio Shack employee broke every customer service rule in the book and also, declined a sale and commission. If one of my employees handle customers with this lack of respect, tact, and deft, then I would be very concerned that there may be others that had a similar experience that did not chose to contact your corporate office. This kind of employee customer interface has a Direct Effect on the revenue of the Pleasant Valley location and I am certain this clerk is loosing business and money. I really would have chalked it up to bad customer service and not written in had he just shut his mouth and sold me the item. I Expect To Hear Something From A Liaison Of Your Company within a week or less to hear of ho you intend to handle this situation. I will also be sharing my experience via Social Media so others can hear my story and judge for themselves whether Radio Shack handles the customer affairs. I am a Sincerely Frustrated long time customer.

Hmm...Im usually on ths customers side, but the person writing this letter strikes me as a real pompous ***. You could of at least asked before just opening the package and especially before paying, (regardless of ur intent to buy) Im pretty certain u would of had a different result.

I would like to think someone with an MBA might have a little more courtesy.

Who carea that u have an MBA anyway. U sound like an educated *** with no class!

as a formmer store manager who left because of the corp bs in my store we always would open the product for the customer if they asked as i would much rather had the customer get the right product the first time the situation u had is just poor customer service and if that employee worked for me he would have been repermanded

I'm not saying this justifies your bad service or anything but I'm sure a lot of employees are all little on edge due to the recent bs pay cut radio Shack issued to employees along with commission being taken away.

I am a newly hired associate for RadioShack, and I'd like to apologize for the way you were treated. I have noticed that my fellow associates sometimes are rude and do not care but there are a few of us that actually care about the customer service that should be provided. I myself make it my personal goal to make sure that everyone that walks in is satisfied when they leave the store.

View more comments (3)
Brecksville, Ohio

Peekskill Radioshack

I go into the store every now and again when I am wasting time. The store is never well organized, in poor condition, and the management sucks. I have seen the manager talk to her employees. She treats them like dogs and does so in front of customers. I do not understand how she has not been replaced. A year ago I call the DM about her and how poor she answered my questions. Apparently he did not do anything about her because I was in the store last week and she is still there. Her name starts with an L and is very overweight.
Bronxville, New York
Several months ago a Radio Shack store sold me a whole lot of Batteries. I usually stock up my Battery Storage wall bin, then refill all gadgets in the house. The Batteries are all stamped with a shelf life expiration date of a couple years. All the D-Cells, unused...

When we were kids we couldnt resist the Radio Shack Battery of the month club. Free batteries Cool.

However we realized after a couple years that all the Radio Shack batteries leaked and ruined our electronics, pretty great scam Radio Shack, sell me a new radio to replace the one your lousy batteries ruined? Sorry you are gone now Radio Shack, not.

View more comments
Avon, Indiana

RUDE SERVICE, VERY UNKNOWLEDGEABLE SALESPERSON

Sirs: Went to my local RadioShack in Lockport NY today to find a hookup cord that I had bought there before. After searching for a short period of time, I asked the young man for help finding what I needed (the store was empty) since he obviously was not going to ask me if I needed any assistance. He did not know the product line and after a half hearted short search started to grab various adapters to cobjob a cord together. I explained to him that I had recently bought the same cord there and was not interested in cobbing different adapters together. I told him that if they were out of them ok but he stated that he was looking and to not give him attitude. I told him to kiss off and that I would not shop there anymore because of HIS attitude and would report him to corporate, he said go ahead and I left rather agitated without further conversation As a combat vietnam veteran I insist on a certain amount of courtesy and respect especially from some young loser who obviously doesn't care about his job enough to give good customer service. RadioShack used to be the only place to shop for quality electronics and had people working there who knew what they were doing. I have shopped at the lockport RadioShack since the mid 1970's-but rest assured I will no longer be a customer and intend on giving website reviews on this incident

One what cord were you looking for?

Two, luckily for you RS now offers a 10% military discount.

Three, I understand I wasn't tehre, and not doubting the kid was a brat, but attitude reflects both ways. ANd I am a firm believed in three sides to all stories.

My father was a vietnam vet himself and now owns his own business in which I also work for in sales department. Prior to that as a youngn, was a Manager at Radio Shack. You have lovers and haters, on both ends. Probably just a personality clash on either end. AND maybe the kid was as you said lazy and unwilling to help. Unfortunately with the newer generation is unlike the older generation, the ethic sucks. I'm approching thirty but raisd in a primarily military family. Some of these kids, and they are just that, just don't care--until they are fired-- but its not due to attitude, its usually due to theft or non performance.

With that, I understand your frustration and I'm sorry for your inconvenience. Rest assured, that isn't every store. So please don't nix the store all together.

As retail employees, veterans are the most laughable customers. They act like they deserve more respect than anyone else because they served in the military. And Heaven forbid you tell them they don't get a military discount. What...the money you get from the government isn't enough for you? LOL!

Newsflash: you don't get to treat people like *** because you're a veteran. *** off. I guarantee you the employee you're talking about doesn't give a *** if you come back or not.

On a final note, the employee makes minimum wage. Do you honestly expect him to care about his job anymore than some Burger King employee? RS doesn't care about their employees, so why should he care about the job?

What an entitled *** you are. Even by your own account, you come off as a ***.

You think you can treat everyone like *** because you're a vet? Think again.

If you can't treat everyone with the respect you want yourself, find *** in the ground to crawl into and never come out. Real veterans don't use their service as a means to act like a complete tool.

ID
#342020 Review #342020 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Buffalo, New York
Radio Shack Customer Care

Radio Shack treated me with disrespect.

I stopped in the Radio Shack on Johnson Avenue in Riverdale NY, (Store ##01-2796) on 8/24/12 at 10:40 am to return a ten dollar cable. I presented the sales person with the unopened item and the receipt and said that I want to return it. The sales person asked for my phone number and I said that I don't give out my number. She got the manager who told me that I had to give them my number and address. I said that was ridiculous for a ten dollar cash sale, and if that was their policy I would not shop there again and would tell everyone I know not to shop there. The manager said he was fine with me not shopping there. He said Radio Shack would do just fine without me. I also said that I would tell everyone I knew and post on every internet site that I could find my recommendation to STAY AWAY FROM RADIO SHACK. He told me to go right ahead. After a lot of yelling and screaming the manager finially did refund my money without me having to give out my personal information. I have been a Radio Shack customer for most of my life. Was it worth it for Radio Shack to loose a customer? They don't seem to care.

The store could absolutely refuse service, I do agree with hate idiots.

It is store policy and is to track fraudulent returns both from customers and internal.

You can tell people to stay away,but you're 1 out of 175 who all say they won't shop here again. Guess what, most come back. I've seen it myself being a store manager a while back. ANd once confronted most hang their head and come up with an excuse.

If you choose not to, that's your perogative. No skin off the companies back, they will get others in your place.

Um, you could go to Best Buy where they require your *photo ID* for refunds.

Get over it. You're the one acting like a total ***. Nobody is going to call you. It's store policy. Following store policy is not "being disrespectful". OTOH, you are obviously a hypocrite because you made a total *** out of yourself. You may think that you're above company policy, but unfortunately for your ego, you aren't. And contrary to what you may think, you actually aren't entitled to your refund without following the store/company guidelines. Every store has them.

It's idiots like you that Radio Shack and other retail corporations would be better off without. And trust me, 95%+ of the people that say "I'll never shop here again" are people that contribute nothing to the store/company that they're b***hing about. I doubt they care that they are "loosing" your business. And I doubt that they care that you're going to tell all your imaginary friends not to shop there, too.

they're probably tracking returns to return fradulent ones. you're the one who went crazy.

If some crazy screaming lunatic told me not to shop somewhere, I'd probably suggest they get mental help and then go ahead and shop at that place.

Miller Place, New York
Radio Shack Customer Care

Radio Shack is extremely horrible in providing good service

I ordered the phone and paid for overnight delivery, but it took 3 weeks for the phone to get to me ( even though it was in stock). I do not recommend radio shack to anybody! When I called to cancel the order, rep told me that it is impossible to cancel it ?! So i had to wait 3 weeks. They don't have access to all the wireless plans and their employees on the phone seem not to care at all. Even though Radio Shack does post so many ads on TV right now, please save yourself some time and sanity and get from the store. PS when i asked them at least to cancel the fee for overnight shipment, they simply refused by saying they cannot.

So you can go into the store to pick up a phone that you have shipped there but you can't go into the store to actually buy it? Because you're disabled. M'kay. That makes no *** sense, ***. If you cannot walk, why did you not have it shipped directly to your house? Unfortunately for you Stanford doesn't have a degree in "Common Sense".

I would think a graduate of Stanford could afford the miniscule shipping charge that you saved by having it shipped to the store vs. having it shipped to your house.

If RS employees are so mean, uneducated, blah, blah, then why are you buying stuff from them, Holy Stanford Graduate/Entitled Disabled Customer?

Thank you for calling me lazy, but I'm not lazy, I'm sick and I have to stay in bed for another couple of months-that's the reason why I was so "lazy" not to go to the store. I simply cannot walk.

You should be ashamed of yourself of offending people like me.I have Master's Degree in Math from Stanford,so if there was a way for me to go, believe me I would have done this.

Another reason why I will not go to the store is because you sound the same way as all sales reps in Radio Shack do: uneducated, ignorant, single minded, unprofessional, mean and disrespectful. FYI, in case you did not go to school, it's very mean to call a disabled person lazy...

@PissedConsumer534185

ONe, I'm sorry that you were ill and suffering. I too suffer a lot with a few automimmune disorders. Lupus and UC.

Two, it doesn't matter what the education level you have but commend you for all your work and congradulate you on achieving success. Although, maybe not in your case, a lot of book smart people are not common sense smart, and vice versa.

Three, while going to school myself, I managed a radio shack. Not everyone is uneducated, ignorant, unprofessional, etc, etc. I understand you had "a bad experience" but your frustration is only exasperated through your experience. Understood.

My question is if your item wasn't delivered overnight, did you try calling at least within 48-72 hours at least to find a status of delivery? And still a little confused as to what you had to wait three weeks for? To return the item or for the item to be shipped to you? The only reason I question is not to be disrespectful or fire back with nasty replies, simply because the stores have a 30 day return policy, to wait three weeks to return the item doesn't sound right. Nor does an overnight shipment taking three weeks. You definetely shold have had no problem canceling the overnight shipment and change it to ground. Obviosuly what's done is done, but I'm speaking from experience and trying to ease the tension a bit, not sway you back but if I understand and help you understand than so be it.

Hope all is well since your post.

I'm so sure that overnight shipping took three weeks. Because that's totally believable and everything. *rolls eyes*

You could've walked your lazy behind into a Radio Shack STORE and walked your lazy behind out of the store with the phone without having to pay shipping charges, all the while having a RS associate set the phone up for you, transfer your contacts and pictures (if desired), and answer any questions you may have had.

PS radioshack.com =/= Radio Shack the company when it comes to cellphones. Just an FYI. The phones are always either the same price or cheaper in the store. IOW they don't come from the same place. I hate to break it to you, but Radio Shack didn't see a red cent from your purchase. It makes no sense to buy a phone online, whether it's from Radio Shack, Walmart, Best Buy, or directly from the carrier. GO INSIDE A STORE. It saves time (not waiting for shipping) and saves money (at the very least you won't have to pay shipping charges). I would think you would like saving money since lazy people are usually cheap, too.

View more comments (3)
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Radio Shack sold me a used memory card

Radio Shack sold me a used memory card. First they tried to sell me the wrong card. What if this has messed up my computer? I stopped payment on my credit card. How can this be? I want Radio Shack to pay for a security check on my computer. My IT person. How could this happen? They hung up the phone when I called at the store. I think they should replace the incompetent people there. So you have a very pissed customer. In fact I will never go there again because they are not trust worthy. Send me a new clean card too.
Spring Valley, New York

Radio shack and invisible shield

OK i went into radio shack because i wanted to get a invisible shield for my galaxy s3 and my mom got one from best buy mobile they did hers perfectly but they had the protector 5$ cheaper at radio shack, i go to buy it and the lady asks me if she wants her to install it since she has done a lot more than me i say ok sure if it's free, she installs it after completely drowning my phone and the shield in the liquid, once she puts it on its completely crooked! i told her that and she said no it's fine i tell the other associate and he makes her redo the entire process except when she goes to spray it the phone rings she DROPPED MY SCREEN PROTECTOR ON THE CARPET! and it is folded(stuck to itself) when she gets off the phone i tell her i want a new one she ruined it and she just throws everything on the ground and leaves...i never got my money back

That sounds like a b1tchy black person.

Yorktown, Virginia
Loss

Radioshack employees act suspicious, mean, refusing!

I WAS 2 YEARS AGO-SHOPPING AT DICKSON TN RADIOSHACK. AND THE *** *** REFUSED TO SHOW ME WHAT KIND OF SOUND A 12 VOLT DEVICE ALARM PUT OUT. THERE WAS SOME BATTERIES IN THE SERVICE COUNTER RIGHT BEHIND HIM. AND THE *** REFUSED AND SAID NO-HE CAN'T DO THAT FOR ME. WELL I HAD PLANNED ON GIVING OUT LIKE ANYWHERE $10. 00 TO $15. 00. ACCORDING TO HOW LOUD IT WAS AND THE WAY IT WOULD SOUND. THE PACKAGE WAS ALREADY-PRE OPENED ANYWAY. SO HE REFUSED TO SHOW ME JUST WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE-HOOKED TO A 12 VOLT BATTERY. I GOT ANGRY. I THINK HIS NAME WAS "MARK!". WELL HE MARKED ME AS ANGRY. WELL I AM SO MAD. TO TODAY!!!!!!

Not cool on you! Dude, we are not happy when you want to test an alarm in our store.

Do that on your own time in your own house away from my eardrums. Remember working at the Shack one day and this old mfer pulls his personal alarm to show us how loud it was. Piece of *** does it right next to my ear. 120 db siren, and he then can't seem to turn it off for over 15 seconds cuz his hands shake too much to put the pin back in.

Scared everyone in the building. I hate old people. Always so rude, angry, and entitled. Worse than teenagers, definitely.

Didn't even think about my hearing, like I don't matter.

That customer really hurt my ear that day. So NO, you may not test out this alarm here!

It's a liability for them to take part in hooking up their merchandise to your equipment. If you want to know how it sounds, buy it, hook it up yourself, and if you don't like it, return it.

If the package looks open, that is because someone tested it, didn't like it, or wanted their money back to go buy lunch at McDonalds. I used to work for this company - I know how it goes.

View more comments (1)
Fairview, Tennessee

Radio Shack misleading Warranty/Lousy product

I purchased $50 ear buds from Radio Shack 5/8/12. For $11 more I purchased a "2 year extended warranty...good until 5/1/14". Within weeks one of the 2 bud went mute. I took it back. They exchanged it. A few weeks later, same thing. Again they replaced it. "These things do that regularly" two Radio Shack employees told me. No surprise, the same thing happened again. I took it back. This time it was different. "Oh, after 30 days you have to call the extended warranty company." They did this in the store, and, after about 20 minutes I was told that I could either mail in the ear buds or leave them with Radio Shack to mail in. Once received, I'd get an e-mail "Gift Card" allowing me to purchase a replacement at the store. About a week later, got the gift card and replaced them 7/13/12. This morning, no surprise, the replacement ear buds did the same thing. I called the warranty number. "Sorry," they said, "the 2 year warranty is good for ONE replacement only. The gift card fulfilled the obligation of the contract." Undaunted, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I did. After a lengthy discussion about what customer's take "2 year extended warranty" to mean, the supervisor pointed at that since I used the gift card 7/13/12, less than 30 days ago, that Radio Shack, without an extended warranty, using there 30 day return policy, will replace the ea buds as if they were a newly purchased item. Ah, nothing like a neighborhood mom and pop store. Chuck

Were you really *** enough to purchase the same faulty headphones 5 times?

Honestly...

From an employee's perspective, I'd say no, after the 2nd try. Yea, electronics go faulty sometimes.

Even twice. But that many times in less than a month? No sir, that's definitely your doing.

Maybe even on purpose, if you're that much of a ***. I've had customers try the same thing.

Your 'law firm' is full of ***. End of story.

It's all clearly outlined in the brochure. It's a one-time replacement.

I had a similar issue with radio shack on an electronic device warranty. I heard from a law firm in Los Angeles that if you pruchased an extended warranty and the product is replaced, the extended warranty period is suppose to continue on the new product.

I had purchased a 3 year extended warranty, so I should have 3 years of coverage. I am considering pursuing this, if you are interested the website for the firm is law111.com.

Sorry to hear. does sound like radio shack

So what's the problem again?

My questions is, if you kept purchasing them and they kept going out, why did you insist on purchasing the same kind over and over? To me that's nobody's fault but your own.

You went through how many pair? 4 or 5? When they give you a gift card you should have purchased a different brand...

to me that's common sense. I am sorry but there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Liar

Lies

View more comments (8)
New York, New York

Again, Customer Service.....

I am compelled to write this so that other's out there know they are not alone. I just got home from my local Radio Shack here in Great Falls, Mt. While I understand that counter sales people do not know everything about the products offered, that does not excuse the common courtesey(sp?) that should be given to all. I picked up my item and then asked about another, a power inverter. This person had know idea what I was talking about. I explained in simple terms what I was looking for. This person said all we have is... showed me power adapters. I looked around for the store manager to ask, then said that's okay I'll just buy this. After checkout there was no smile, no thankyou, have a great day...........etc. just a very poor attitude from beginning to end. This was the third time this year. So as you all probly know and would suggest, don't go there anymore. I won't anymore but had to do this.

I purchased a Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise for $79 bucks and am on disability and that is a lot for me, they asked if I wanted the extended Warranty recommended it, both RadioShack Employees, one the Manager who has an attitude problem and never smiles acts like a know it all which btw is his job but not to be stuck up about it and unfriendly. They said how it being my first smart phone if ANYTHING happened to it I could get a different phone,ANY PHONE; I said "Any phone?" As that didn't sound right; well, they said any "RadioShack phone".

Well, today I went in for my "Any Radio Shack phone" and got it the whole time talking of how I was using the money I saved to fix my car for this but the warranty would take care of that problem and even asked how long the warranty would take to deposit into my bank, he said a few days; they were both aware that I was expecting a refund, but then they activated the new fund and acted as fi we were all done, after I dropped another $120 so now I have spent $300 on a so-so phone, the first one had terrible reception then it would not hold a charge and it would not charge at all, so I took it in, but they sent me packing with a phone number "Who would take care of everything for me" the refund end I was enquiring about, of course I called it when I got home to find out that they do not refund a thing, they fix the old phone, so the whole time the people that sold me the old phone 2 months ago, the same two, in Lebanon, Ohio, knew that I expected the promised other phone, and new they were not going to give it to me. It is now the evening and the corporate office is closed but I have written the entire ordeal down in detail so I do not forget a thing and will contact the district manager or higher if need be, the manager had a bad attitude and he also hid in the back room the entire time, and since my transaction was taking a long time, I let the other customers that come in go in front of me for their needs so they didn't have to wait, the whole time this manager guy was in the back room letting this poor new girl do all the work. So they basically lied outright, she has a look of unhappy on her face as she realized what was going on, I was the only one in the dark until I got home, and they were closed by the time I tried to contact corporate which is 8 - 5, believe me I will have some answers tomorrow or the Better Business Bureau will be involved, I am sure they have security cameras installed in the place that record all events especially those by the register where all the promises were made; so that can be reference if they do not believe me, but this manager is unfriendly, not helpful and has pulled off deciept, if that is they way they want to do business I will get the local news involved, I am sick with kidney disease ond disability, and they messed with a sick woman whom has more important things to worry about and I need my car to get to the doctors office not to spend on phones that I cannot use when I was told I could exchange it when I bought the useless insurance policy and then found out that no, it only fixes the phone. Now I am sitting here stewing until I can calm down and go to sleep and get up tomorrow and see if the upper management will tolerate this behavior or if i want to sue them or how it will be settled but obviously my money will most likely be tied up in this, to a person on disability $100 means a lot, and that is about what is tied up; especially when one is sick and I will be needing it for gas at the very least let alone the car repair I was going to make that now doesn't look possible any time soon I have a feeling that I won't be able to get a hold of a manager but I will do my beset I am not going back to that store I will not get anywhere with talking with the manager as I have already seen him in action and he is the one that sold me the false information anyways.

He knew I expected a new replacement phone of any kind just as they stated, not a phone no.

of a place to send the old phone for repair. :( I guess they are like this all over the country, they will only make that little amount of money for a short time before their bad name gets out and they will make no money at all.

Helena, Montana

Radio Shack prints insufficient instructions

I bought two cleaning products via mail order from Radio Shack. The purpose is to clean the audio cassette player of a ten-year-old boom box I bought elsewhere. It cost over $33.00. My order number is 710661****. Both products had insufficient instructions: Universal Cleaning Solution and Audio Cassette Cleaner. The labels had extensive suggestions if you get the product in your eye or stomach plus a translation into one foreign language. My lack of knowledge: For example, on the Cleaning Solution: if you can't get liquid to flow by gently squeezing the tube, should you remove the orange stopper first? If it won't come out by hand, should you twist it with a pair of pliers? These questions are (in hindsight) ***. The Cassette Cleaner lacks a tape (as found on my old product: Realistic Cleaning Cassette), so should one simply insert the product where a cassette would go, or flip it over? After trying both, how long should one let the machine turn the cassette nontape? Will it stop automatically? At this point, I don't know if I have successfully cleaned my boom box. I hope to see better instructions in the future. Lester Sellinger
New York, New York

Customer service SUCKS!

Went into the Radio Shack in Enterprise, Alabama with every intention to purchase a laptop battery. Walked in where there were two lines with two individuals behind the counter holding papers in their hand looking at the computer screens, not saying a word and looking lost. Since there was such a line I stepped being the long counter where the batteries were displayed and began looking for the battery when the guy behind the counter asked if he could help me. I told him that I was looking for an Inspiron 1545 battery. He said you have a number and I can look it up for you. I repeated it was a 1545. He took the old battery from my Dad which was there to look and began looking it up on the computer. He said I will find it for you sir I can't have anyone behind the counter. Ok, you have 12 people in line which is not moving and you are going to stop what you are doing to look up a battery for me that I am fully capable of finding since you can't have anyone behind the counter but yet you are standing between the counter and I? Absolutely unfreaking believable! I will drive 25 miles to buy the battery somewhere else before buying from the Enterprise store. If you don't want people behind the counter looking at murchandise you have for sale, then don't display it behind the counter. I had just commented to my Dad how Radio Shack had the items I was looking for my last visit, but I will order off line before shopping Enterprise location again.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but you're mad he WANTED to help you?

....

And didn't want you near the Cash register while they were busy?

.....

.....

......

...Ignorance must be fun for you, huh?

First of all some stores do carry some laptop batteries. Not all of the brands however, so the employee who was willing to look it up for you and obviously multi task at the same time was correct.

And as for being behind the counter that is still the area for the employee to be in, not yours, they are there to assist you and to get your product. Its people like you that give retail sales associates a bad name, and make us cranky at times. Treat people as you wish to be treated. You sir sound like you are entitled to do what you please.

You probably complain about everything. Get a life.

You wouldn't have found the battery yourself because laptop batteries aren't carried in the store. He was going to look it up for you to see if 1.) Radio Shack carried it in some capacity, most likely online since that's where most pretty much all the laptop batteries are carried, or 2.) you wanted to order it if Radio Shack did carry it either online or had it in the warehouse.

What you *should* have done is wait your turn like a normal person and let him HELP you, which is what he's there for. If you didn't want to, then LEAVE. Know-it-all customers like you that think you're so much smarter than the employee are the main problem in retail. Even if you found the battery yourself (which you wouldn't have because, again, they aren't carried in the store on the shelf like general purpose batteries) there was a line, so you weren't going to be leaving with it anytime soon.

And it *should* be common sense to not go behind the counter. So what if there's merchandise? So the freak what? Don't get pissed off at him for not letting you roam around and do as you please. Assuming you're not 12 years old, it should be COMMON SENSE that maybe the stuff behind the counter is there for a reason. Everything behind the counter is merchandise that should be asked for by the customer and obtained by the employee because it's easier for everyone and most of these items are high theft items. Stuff like *gasp* specialty batteries that NEED TO BE LOOKED UP, SD cards, and jump drives. On top of that you were looking for something that wasn't there. I mean, do you really think a laptop battery is going to just be laying there on the shelf for a customer to bring to the couter to buy like a normal item?

Oh, but please don't let this stop you from being dramatic for no apparent reason. Continue to get all pissy because the mean Radio Shack employee did was he was supposed to do and didn't let you do as you pleased.

ID
#332081 Review #332081 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Livingston, New Jersey